Sunday, January 24, 2010

Always Worth It

It's shit like this that keeps me popping corks. We opened an '07 J.J. Prum Riesling Kabinett as one of our selections for dinner last night at Bon Soiree with our good friends Jason, Ben and Whitney. The word balance is overused in wine writing, but this magnificent collision of tastes and textures has zen-like harmony. Close your eyes, focus, and you'll realize all is well in the world. I purchase Prum reflexively. Like Lopez de Heredia, I see it, give a passing glance at the price, reach, and buy. I'm apprehensive and distracted if I don't have a bottle at home. And the worst part is it will improve in the bottle indefinitely. What then is an addict to do? Drink? Hold?

Both.

No picture. Please, just go to the store. The Binny's South Loop location usually has a good selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment